The TOP (Tuning and Optimization Package) service is a tweaking service for Windows 10 computers to achieve optimal performance, privacy, and security. It is $299 and can be selected in the laptop configuration page or separately from our Homepage under Products > Services & Software for any computer you own.
Note: Please answer the questionnaire at the bottom after placing your order to facilitate the Tuning & Optimization Service.
Below are some of the positive feedback we've received from customers:
“I worked with Max, and he was a wizard at getting the machine usable. Not given years would I be able to perform all the tweaks and improvements that Max did in a single session" - Chris M.
“After seeing it I am now convinced it is a necessity not a luxury. " - Mohamed M.
“The tuning service (or training service ha ha) was an eye opener and money very well spent. Thank you Max, fantastic work.” - Matt H.
"Max was great. He did everything in a matter of a few hours what would have taken me weeks to do. He was great at explaining what changes he was doing and the benefits to my computer. I plan to recommend the service to my family and friends." - Andrew S.
"I'm an application user with little to no software expertise. Max explained each step of what he was doing and asked for my choices when needed. He was patient and explained what he was doing in language I could understand. I can't imagine buying another notebook without a tuning consultant like Max to help out." - James S.
Here is a list of some of the tweaks this service entails:
1- Un-installation of the Windows Store apps that you don’t need including the ones which don’t have an “un-install” option. (ie. Cortana, maps, people, Your Phone, etc.)
2- Removing Windows 10 privacy invasion like Telemetry, collecting activities that you do on your computer, sending your keystrokes to Microsoft, automatically installing suggested apps in the background, allowing Microsoft to conduct experiments on your laptop, disabling Windows 10 ads, disabling Cortana, Cloud Search, and disabling Microsoft from using your computer as an upload server to send previously installed Windows updates to other users worldwide which will severely impact your internet speed.
3- Installing and configuring your favorite web browser with an ad-blocker to prevent ads and online tracking.
4- Preventing Microsoft Edge from running automatically on startup in the background which takes up system resources.
5- Turning on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling to improve performance and reduce latency
6- Adjusting several options in PC Settings like disabling Windows Tablet Mode (since you have a laptop/desktop not a tablet), disabling suggestions appearing in the start menu, disabling Game DVR which reduces performance, and much more.
7- Restoring the Classic Windows 7 Start Menu if you prefer the old classic Start Menu.
8- Completely disabling Windows Defender from its roots (including all scheduled tasks and startup files) for those who want to install their own security solution. We recommend ESET NOD32 Antivirus if you want the best security with the least system performance impact. See: AV-Comparatives Latest Performance Tests
9- Removal of factory installed bloatware.
10- Updating all drivers to the latest versions.
11- Creating a system image loaded onto a high speed 128GB USB flash drive enabling you to easily restore your computer the way it was after all the tweaks were done within a few minutes.
12- Filling the OEM Info in System Properties with your computer model, support contact, and link to your computers drivers page for easy access:
Windows 7 Start Menu Styles you can choose from:
Start Menu Style 1 (Modern)
Start Menu Style 2 (Classic)
Start Menu Style 3 (Alienware Black)
Start Menu Style 4 (Alienware Silver)
Tuning & Optimization Service Questionnaire:
1) What would you like your computer username to be in order for us to setup the user account? (i.e.. Leon or any other nickname?)
2) We usually remove all the built in Windows Store Apps such as Mail, Calendar, Movies & TV, Groove Music, Sticky Notes, Spotify, Hulu, Netflix etc. Is there any one of them that you may want to keep or do we have your permission to remove them all and only keep the ones necessary for the laptop to function (ie. nVIDIA Control Panel, or any other utilities related to the laptop)? They can be reinstalled off-course using the Microsoft Store at a later stage should you need any of them later.
3) What internet browser do you use so we can install it and tweak it and put an adblocker? Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge Chromium? You can select multiple browsers to be configured if you want.
4) Would you like us to install our recommended and approved applications to get you started (i.e.. a media player to play audio/video files, a PDF reader, compressed file handler, Java, a fast image viewer)? or would you rather have nothing installed at all other than the drivers/utilities?
5) Would you like us to completely disable Windows Defender which is the heaviest antivirus as shown in the AV comparison chart for you to install another security solution or would you like to keep it enabled?
We recommend: ESET NOD32 Antivirus